The Pearls of Perfection Debutante Program of the Flint Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. recognizes notable young ladies in the Flint/Genesee County area who demonstrate superior academic excellence, exemplary moral standards and are actively engaged in their local communities. This comprehensive program is designed for young ladies who will be sophomores, juniors, or seniors in high school. At the conclusion of the debutante program year, the accomplishments of these young ladies will be celebrated in a spectacular way at an elegant Cotillion scheduled for April 27, 2019.
Through a series of workshops, cultural events and rehearsals, participants will learn etiquette and social grace skills, educational development resources, college preparedness skills and community service involvement, which are geared to enhance their personal growth as they transition into adulthood.
Being a participant in a Debutante Program is a great honor and those chosen for our program will be successful in their endeavors, serve as role models to their peers and become future leaders in their communities.
- Must submit a completed application by September 1, 2018
- Must be a sophomore, junior or senior in the current school year
- Must possess a 2.5 or better cumulative grade point average on a 4.0 scale
- Must display leadership ability and exhibit good moral character, evidenced by appropriate behavior in and outside of school
- Must be actively involved in school, work and community service
- Must be a highly respected role model and leader, with a commitment to community service and demonstrate future leadership ability evidenced by involvement in school, community and/or place or worship
- Must attend an Informational Meeting and Interview Session with parents scheduled by the Pearls of Perfection Selection Committee
- Must pay all participation fees
- The selection process shall not deny any applicant the opportunity to participate based upon racial, religious or economic background
If selected as a member of the Pearls of Perfection Debutante Program, you are required to participate in the scheduled workshops, service projects, rehearsals and Cotillion as well as pay all participation fees.
Activities will begin September and culminate with the Cotillion in April of the following year. Workshops are held twice each month on Saturdays (September through February) and Cotillion practices are on Sunday afternoons beginning in January.